Thursday 20 March 2014

Spring Makeup Trends

So as it is the first day I spring I couldn't think of a better time then to do a post on spring makeup trends this year! 

BASE


For the perfect base that's on trend this season go for natural glowy skin which I love anyway! Start with Guerlain's meteorites primer which feels amazing and leaves a glow to your skin. If you have perfect skin you can stop here! But if your like me then go ahead and use clinique's cc cream, it's amazing and has a high spf for the warmer temperatures! Then just dab a bit of benefits high beam on the high points of your face and finish with macs fix+!

CHEEKS


Berry and plum cheeks are in this season and these two and my favs! There are tons of drugstore as well as high end options for everyone! Maybellines master glaze in pink fever goes on so natural and leaves the perfect flush of color. Estee lauders pure color blush in audacious plum is the perfect plum blush! It leaves a natural flush that is very unique. I have nothing like it in my collection! It looks different in person, on this picture it doesn't look overly unique. 

BROWS 


The arch is out and thick natural brows are in! If you have thick brows your lucky! I have very thin sparse brows, due to over plucking in my early teens. But if your like me and needs to fake a thick brow don't worry these products look very natural and no one will ever know the difference! I use macs mystery eyeshadow to fill in my brows the use stilas stay all day waterproof brow color to fill in those sparse areas to mimic brow hairs then set it all in place with benefits gimme brow and we're done!

EYES


Accordly to the runway bright blue and pastal eyeshadows are in for spring! My favorite blue shadow is rimmels scandal eyes shadow stick in 009 blamed blue. Not only is this a gorgeous color, it's a 24 hour waterproof formula so it's gonna last and not crease on you! And for your pastels my favorite cream shadows are two from maybelline they are the color tattoos in edgy emerald and inked in pink these are also going to last on you all day and not crease. And for a powder shadow I have to give it to lancomes color design palette in mint jolie. Love the pretty pastal colors and the pigmentation is amazing! As for eyeliner a strong cat eye is on trend and going along with the spring colors I had to choose lancomes art liner I think mine is in turquoise. There isn't a name on it and I couldn't find one online. Not sure if this color was limited edition or not. Sorry guys!

LIPS


Orange is the color on trend again this year which is great because I love myself an orange lip! These are five great orange lip colors that I believe would suit anyone no matter what skin color or age! For a sheer orange I love maybelline color whisper in coral ambition. For a stain I like the revlon just bitten stain in rendezvous it's very bright and the color lasts! For you matte lovers I have revlons matte balm in audacious that is more on the red orange side. Revlon color burst in peach is also beautiful, sorry I know they are discontinued but I had to mention this beauty. And last but not least is also revlons coralberry beautiful coral color! Sorry there was so many revlon lippies they just do my favorite drugtore lipsticks!

Hope you enjoyed this and I hope you guys try out these spring trends because I love all of them! 

3 comments:

  1. Sadly they don't sell REVLON-Products in my area, but revlon seems to have really great makeup. Thanks for the recommendations :) http://nadja-franco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thats to bad. revlon does make some really great affordable makeup. Have you tired looking online?

      Delete
  2. I love the orange lipstick trend! Especially with a tan in the summer I believe it looks amazing! Great blog, I will definately come back! I you could check out our blog it would mean a lot! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete